Cleaning and Regenerating Procedures
- Forward flow with cold water up to 68˚F at flow rates up to 8 gallons per minute per 10” of membrane cartridge length.
- DO NOT ALLOW BACKWARD FLOW THROUGH MEMBRANE CARTRIDGES.
- Forward flow with hot water up to 175˚F at flow rates up to 4 gallons per minute per 10” of membrane cartridge length.
DO NOT ALLOW BACKWARD FLOW THROUGH MEMBRANE CARTRIDGES.
- Soak overnight in a 2% by weight, caustic solution
(2% by weight, sodium hydroxide mixed with water at a temperature up to 145˚F).
CAUTION: This solution is highly caustic and can cause severe eye injury.Required Safety Equipment: Rubber gloves, rubber apron and full face shield
- After soaking, remove membrane cartridges and hose down with tap water.
- Soak in a high acid solution with pH below 2.0 for at least one hour. Be certain to take proper safety precautions.
- Remove cartridges and hose down with tap water. Install cartridges in the housing.
- The caustic solution should last a very long time. To refresh the solution, add caustic concentrate to return the solution to the original pH.
- The high acid solution will need to be dumped every two to four weeks since there are acid tolerant bacteria that can live in pH 1.7-2.0.
- After cleaning, acidified SO2 solutions can be used for short term storage, though Orings must be removed during storage in SO2. Solutions of alcohol (40%), such as vodka can be used for short or long term storage.